Monday, October 27, 2008

Do as I say and not as I do !!!

Hey friends,

Well it's been a crazy week ! As you all know I'm now selling Avon and thanks to those of you who ordered it is greatly appreciated :)

My husband Steve plays softball on a mixed league, and this last weekend he was hit by the ball in the mouth. Now if you know Steve at all then you know he's a perfectionist and a nag! When I played ball he would always yell at me to use two hands when catching the ball (see where this is going people) When I played infield he said make sure you spread your legs, squat down, and get your glove in the dirt. Your non glove hand should be over your glove to protect your face. If you always do this you will never get hit in the face with the ball !

Well I guess he means do as i say and not as i do!
In his defense this ball was freakin movin!!! line drive to short stop one hop right in front of him and he couldn't get his glove up fast enough. The ball hit him in the mouth and I tell you the sound it made when it hit his face was like the sound the ball makes comming off the bat !

I was sitting in the bleachers and I could hear the ball hit so loud i thought he was going down.
At first I thought it hit his nose but when he pulled his hands away from his face you could see lips galore ! He looked like Bubbah from Forest Gump ! The swelling has gone down almost all the way now but seriously you don't know how much you miss kissing your man until his lips are outta action for a whole week!!! I'm having kissing withdrawls :(

Glad to say things are pretty normal other than the fat lip. The kids are looking forward to Halloween. We are going to a big costume party at my moms property so that should be fun :)

So I'm sending in a new Avon order Wednesday the 29th at noon so let me know if you need to order :)

No comments: