Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cancer Sucks

You know that one family member you have that is just heads above the rest. You love them like no other and you would do anything in the world for them. My one family member that is heads above the rest just found out she has cancer, not just any kind of cancer but the kind that you can't get rid of.

Last year she found out she had breast cancer and she followed all the rules, had surgery, chemo, and medication. The doctor told her they got it and all was well.

Last month at her check up they told her it came back and that it has spread thru out her entire body. They did a byopsy and found that it is worst than they originaly thought.

My Aunt Sissy, my beautiful aunt Sissy is dying and only has months to live!

When a Doctor tells you that you only have a short time left on this earth and to get your affairs in order, your mind starts racing with all these thoughts of why me and what am I gonna do first.
Not my beautiful aunt Sissy. She has not once felt sorry for herself. She has not once asked why me. She has only thought of everyone else and not gotten angry or destructive.

My beautiful aunt Sissy is the bravest, strongest, and most wonderful person in the world. She is my hero and my inspiration!

So I write this story, not to make you feel sorry for her, but to educate you on the importance of knowing your body.

For all of you who read this. Breast cancer is a killer ! All of you have mothers, sisters daughters, aunts, and girlfriends. Tell them to do self breast exams, have doctor exams, get mammograms and lets kill cancer before it kills us !

I love you Aunt Sissy and you are always in my heart !!!

2 comments:

Sheila Nielsen Photography said...

Faithers! Hugs to you! Hugs to your Aunt! I am so, so sorry! Give me a call!

Summer said...

I'm so, so sorry Faith.