Tuesday, July 1, 2008

steamboat

So we are preping for a camping trip this weekend with the kids, and they are sooo excited!!
We plan a camping trip every year for our anniversary, but we usually leave the kids at home with grandma, but they wanted to go this year so it should be interesting.

We have the best camping spot. Our friends Summer & Art used to go there with us every summer, and now we go for them since their in Utah. It's sorta like a serogate camping experience :)

I can't wait till they come out here this summer. I feel like we haven't seen them in forever. A bunch of us couples from the old gang are gonna have a date night together when they get here, so since we all have kids now we'll all get daycare and be able to enjoy a nice dinner without happy meals and juice boxes :) I almost forgot what a hot meal taste like. When your a mom you always feed them first, get your husband his plate, redo your childrens plates cause now they're fighting over who got more chicken nuggets and why does she get the last apple juice and I have to drink grape, so you count, weigh,and measure every nugget, put the equal ammount of juice in matching cups so they don't argue over the freakin cups too, then refill your husbands glass of milk, and get him the salt and pepper that you left in the kitchen cause you don't dare leave it on the table with two small kids cause thats a whole new mess you don't wanna clean up, then if your lucky you get to make up your plate with cold soggy food and enjoy. Umm yummy :) But then after bath time the kids get tucked in and they kiss you and say "mommy I love you soo much"
and you just forget about the heartburn you now have from the cold dinner.
For those of you without kids it may sound like I'm complaining but really it's soooo worth it.

So our anniversary is actually on the 3rd so we are heading up steamboat on wednesday and coming into winston fri. night so I can work and steve and the kids can go watch the fireworks then we are heading back up to steamboat. It kinda sucks that I have to work all weekend but it's extra money for our new house so I'm takin one for the team and sticken it out :)

I'm gonna have to catch up on all the laundry and dishes for the trip and I gotta pack for all four of us so wish me luck :) I'm done blogging for now chicas so lata gata :)

2 comments:

Sheila Nielsen Photography said...

Oh! Have fun! We miss the Steamboat spot! The last time we went was with you guys! I have some funny memories from that trip, but I shall not repeat them in a public place! I'll have to call ya...but it involves you two & the swimming hole. Oh, & the nights drinking too much Coors & Mr. Dew, (not sure which made me more drunk!). Oh, the thought makes my tummy hurt. Did we even pack food, or was it just beer & soda? I honestly don't remember food. Ha!
Oh & if the tents rockin, don't come knockin! Ha! I have just reverted back to my 20yo self, oh, I mean 21, cuz I was drinking & all! I would NEVER have drank before then!

Summer said...

Oh... We're soooo jealous! Of course, we NEVER drank while we were there (Sheila... you should be ashamed!).