Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Really Big Makeover

I have this friend, she's a single mom and she's been having a hard time lately. Women will understand this. When you go through a breakup or life altering experience, you usually try to reinvent yourself, like with a new haircut or color well not my friend. My friend, we will just call her (M) she has decided a new haircolor or cut was not enough. M has decided to paint the exterior of her house. I, being a good friend, thought she might need someone to talk to or a shoulder to cry on so I asked if she wanted help with the painting. Ok I thought she would have a paint sprayer and some rollers for the body of the house and then smaller brushes for the trim. I thought wrong. A single mother on a limited income can't afford a sprayer so we painted the whole body of the house with two brushes about 2" wide. Yes thats right two small brushes !

M has two kids around the same ages as my two so they kept themselves busy with video games and popsicles while M and i painted. I just have to say four children under the age of ten and nobody lost any body parts, no arguments, and the furniture was still intact, thats very rare. I'm so proud of them for being the angels I'm trying to raise. Yeah right, my kids angels, hah don't make me laugh. No really they amaze me every day. My kids are turning into the coolest little people. I'm so glad they are respectful and inocent. So many kids now days aren't so it makes it harder on those of us parents that give a damn to raise them with a little inocence and kindness.

So back to painting. M and I decided that as long as you have friendship, laughter, and a strong will you can accomplish anything, even painting an entire house with two tiny paintbrushes :)

No comments: